- B.S. at University of Karachi, Pakistan (Graduated '1992)
- Diploma of "Advance Training in Computer Science" (2 years) at Petroman Training Institute, Karachi, Pakistan. (October '1991)
- Licensed “Registered Business School Provisional Teacher” for Computer Applications & Computer Programming by The NY State Education Dept. (Mar ‘2003 – Renewed Apr ‘2004)
- Certificate Course in "Programming in JAVA/HTML" at Saturn Software Corp., NY, USA. (December '1998)
- Certificate Course in "AutoCAD Release 10" at Icon Computer Graftech, Institute of Arts & Media Sciences at Karachi, Pakistan. (Dec '1991)
Return to top
March 2000 - Present: ACE Computer Training Institute, Forest Hills, NY
Instructor / Consultant / Webmaster and Web Designer
- Instructor for "Web Designing Package" (Level 1& Level 2).
Level 1 includes Introduction to Internet & WWW, HTML, MS FrontPage, Adobe Photoshop and GIF Animation.
- Instructor for "Project Management" using Microsoft Project.
- Instructor for "MS SQL Server for Developers".
- Instructor for Graphic Designing with Quark Xpress, Adobe Illustrator, GIF Animation, and Adobe Photoshop.
- Instructor for "Computer Basic Class", teaching Computer Fundamentals, Microsoft Windows98, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, MS Outlook, DOS 6.22 and Internet Training.
- Instructor for "Programming Concept with MS Visual Basic".
- Web and Training related projects for other companies through ACE Computer as a consultant.
June 2002 - September 2008: Real Property Technologies , Carle Place, NY
Web Developer / Project Manager
- Managing Web Applications built with MS .NET technologies (VB and C#) with MS SQL and/or Oracle database. Projects included working with Real Estate Data, Title Insurance, Property Data, eCommerce, User Management, report generation and delivery.
- Managing Web Application built with MS ASP Classic technologies with MS SQL and/or Oracle database. Projects include Travel Agency App., Real Estate App., eCommerce enabled Apps for Jewelry, Auto Engines, and Moving Businesses.
- Managing Web applications built with PHP, PERL, and LINUX with mySQL databases. Project includes eCommerce enabled shopping sites, discussion forums and user management systems.
- Managing team of developers, designers and programmer using various office management tools like MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio, Time Mgmt., UML and custom windows/web applications.
March 2000 – June 2002: KPPI, Forest Hills, NY
Internet Manager / Webmaster and Web Designer
- Managed KPPI Internet department.
- Designed and developed web sites for KPPI Clients.
- Skills involved were project management, dealing with clients, and delivery.
- HTML authoring, Client-side/Server-side scripting, mySQL databases, image processing, animation and publishing tools were used.
- Graphic designing and animation as required for the sites. Using Photoshop 5.0, MS GIF Animator, Crystal 3d Impact, Corel Draw and MS Image Composer.
- Regular updates, maintenance and promotion of existing sites. Submitting sites to top search engines with appropriate description and keywords.
September 1997 - May 1999: The UrduTimes Weekly, New York, NY
Graphic Designer and Web Master
- Designing advertisements for the newspaper using different graphic software especially Corel Draw, Picture Publisher, Photoshop and MS Word in Windows 95 environment.
- Updating and maintaining the web site (www.urdutimes.com) on regular basis.
- Maintenance of computer hardware at the office was also included in the responsibilities.
- Formatting and editing text in English and Urdu (Pakistan). Scanning, type setting and pasting objects for print media.
June 1997 - August 1997: MicroTech International, Emeryville, CA
Hardware Technician and Assistant Web Master
- Repairing and upgrading PC hardware in the service and repair center of MicroTech International.
- Assisting in maintaining and updates of their Web site (www.surfmti.com) on regular basis.
- Worked in MS Windows NT 3.0 environment.
Return to top
Return to top
Furnish upon request. Contact Nawed.
Return to top